Last Updated: 5/19/2022
You control any future secondary use of your personal information, such as sharing it with marketers. You can prevent future secondary use of your information by “opting out” when Hiya Health Products LLC collects your information or at any time by simply contacting us. Opting out only applies to the secondary purposes because we may need to contact you regarding the usability of our Site or notify you of important product revisions or updates.
The information provided on this Site is not intended to serve as medical or other professional advice and is not to be used for diagnosis or treatment of any condition or symptom. You acknowledge and agree that we are not covered by, and therefore are not compliant with, The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and related regulations. The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”) and their service providers (“business associates”). You understand and agree that we are not an entity that is covered by HIPAA and we are not a medical provider and do not make clinical, medical, or other decisions related to your healthcare and any information provided on this Site does not constitute the provision or practice of medical or professional health care advice or services. This means that the information that you provide to us is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations. You acknowledge that the Site may not be appropriate for the storage or control of access to sensitive data, such as medical or health information and “protected health information” (also known as PHI) as defined under HIPAA. We specifically disclaim any representation or warranty that the Site, as offered, complies with HIPAA. We do not sign “business associate agreements” and you acknowledge that we are not a business associate, subcontractor, or agent of yours pursuant to HIPAA.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on Site. We may collect and use the following personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”):
- Identifiers such as your real name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you, including, but not limited to: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit or debit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Commercial information such as product wish lists, order history, products and services considered, marketing preferences, and reminder and notification preferences
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, search history, IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages and operating system, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement). We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
This personal information is required to provide the Site to you. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing the Site to you.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small text files of information stored by the Internet browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use these cookies to collect browsing data to keep track of your preferences and profile information and to collect general usage and volume statistical information. Our cookies do not collect personal or confidential information and are not spyware.
Our Site contains electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our website is used.
Targeted Advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. Third parties collect this information by placing or accessing cookies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites. If you would like to learn more about the third party advertisers that may be aware of the fact that you visit this website, and to understand your choices about having such advertisers’ cookies turned off, please visit www.networkadvertising.org.
How to Manage Cookies.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above Site tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Site features may not function as a result.
How Your Personal Information is Collected.
We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our Site. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources;
- Directly from a third party (e.g., SNS’);
- From a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank or credit card companies);
- From cookies on our website;
- Via our IT systems, including automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, email and instant messaging systems if you talk to one of our chat bots or receive a text; and
- Survey responses, if applicable.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information.
Under data protection laws, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.,:
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The list below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so. We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order, Send you an order confirmation, Send you requested product or service information- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- Respond to customer service requests, administer your account, respond to your questions and concerns - For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, e.g. making sure that we can keep in touch with our customers about existing orders and new products;
- Send you a newsletter and other marketing communications, send product updates or warranty information, recommend products you may be interested in purchasing display content based upon your interests, send you reminders about your habits - For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to existing and former customers;
- Operational reasons, such as improving our Site and marketing efforts, improving efficiency, training and quality control - For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you at the best price;
- Conduct research and analysis to help us manage our business, e.g. in relation to our financial performance, customer base, product range or other efficiency measures - For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you at the best price;
- To prevent and detect fraud against you or our organization - For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to minimize fraud that could be damaging for us and for you;
- Ensuring business policies are adhered to, e.g. policies covering security and internet use - For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to make sure we are following our own internal procedures so we can deliver the best service to you;
- Conducting checks to identify our customers and verify their identity and other processing necessary to comply with professional, legal and regulatory obligations that apply to our business, e.g. under health and safety regulation or rules issued by a professional regulator - To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and/or services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and/or services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above “How and why we use your personal information”). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other companies outside our organization for marketing purposes.
When you sign up for one of our text messaging programs, you are expressly consenting to receive text messages on your cell phone or other mobile device about our products, services, and/or programs which may be sent by automated means. Text messages will only be sent to the mobile phone number used to opt into the applicable text message program. In some instances, you may have the opportunity to reply to a message, which may result in additional response messages. Your consent to enrollment in any text message program is not a condition of purchase.
Message and data rates may apply. We do not charge a fee for our text message programs and assume no responsibility for charges by your carrier that you may incur when you sign up to receive text messages from us.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, texting the “STOP” number in texts, or contacting us at email@example.com. You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth above.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products and/or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business. You may receive a final confirmation message to confirm that you will no longer receive email or text messages from the applicable program unless you opt back into such program.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including SNS; you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers.
These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and only if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- With law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request: or
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
Third-Party Payment Processing
Online payments made through our Site are handled by our third-party payment services provider. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. If you have any questions about payments or would like to dispute a charge, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Websites
You should contact the site administrator for such third party website if you have any complaints, claims, concerns or questions regarding such third party website or its privacy practices.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We endeavor to protect the personal information we receive, gather and store, by such means as password protection, firewalls and other means. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also require that third party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also provide appropriate security measures in accordance with industry standards. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any such transmission of information by you over the internet is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will maintain a record of every breach of security safeguards involving personal information under our control. We will notify you of any breach of our security safeguards involving your personal information if it is reasonable in the circumstances to believe that the breach creates a real risk of significant harm to you.
A Note About Children
Our services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use our services, access the Site, or provide any information about yourself including, without limitation, your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use, unless you possess legal parental or guardian consent. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, delete the information as soon as possible and cancel the corresponding accounts. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the FTC's website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
You may have the following rights under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA):
- You have a right to know how your information will be used. We will explain why we need your information before or when we collect it, if the purpose is not already clear.
- We will collect personal information only for the purposes we’ve identified or for the primary uses described above. We shall collect information by fair and lawful means only.
- We will not use or disclose your personal information other than for the purposes for which it was collected unless we receive your consent or unless we are required or permitted to by law.
- We will keep your personal information only for as long as it needs to for the purposes identified above, as required by law, or as necessary to resolve any disputes you may have concerning our Site. We will follow internally set guidelines and use care in the disposal, destruction, or de-identification of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to such information.
- We will maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information as required for the identified purposes associated with its collection. Please let us know if your contact or other personal information changes.
- Upon your written request, and subject to exceptions as permitted or mandated by law, We will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you choose to contact directly, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (e.g., your full name, address);
- Proof of your identity and address; and
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with you request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept.
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products and/or services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
We maintain procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from you about our handling of personal information. We will inform individuals who make inquiries or lodge complaints of the existence of relevant complaint procedures. We may seek external advice where appropriate before providing a final response to individual complaints. We shall investigate all complaints. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and procedures.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States and Canada